CUSTOMIZE YOUR WORDPRESS If you’ve installed a WordPress theme, but it’s not appropriate for you, you may be thinking frustrated. There exist lots of choices open to but you for customizing your WordPress themes.
One difficulty is getting the right way to do it.
In this post, I’ll direct you to the options for customizing but your WordPress theme, help to determine which one’s right for you and tell you how to do it carefully and efficiently.
Table of Contents CUSTOMIZE YOUR WORDPRESS
- Choices for Customizing a Theme
- Do You Want to Customize Your Theme?
- Customizing Your WordPress Theme via the WordPress Admin Screens
- Handling Page Builders and Frameworks to Customize Your WordPress Theme
- Editing Your WordPress Theme’s Code
- Best Practices for Customizing WordPress Themes
Options for Customizing a Theme CUSTOMIZE YOUR WORDPRESS
Before we dive in and start making changes to your theme, but it pays to know what the benefits are, as they suit various situations.
Here’s an overview of the options available to you:
- you want to add functionality to your theme, install a plugin.
- Use the Customizer in your WordPress admin screens to customize fonts, colors, and possibly design, too, depending on your hook.
- you’re going with a page builder theme, use its features to customize your site’s design.
- If you’ve installed a framework theme, use one of the available child themes to customize your site, along with any customization options viable on the admin screens.
- your piece is specific to your site and you’re comfortable doing it, edit the theme’s code directly.
- If you need to edit the principle of a third-party article, create a child theme.
- you need to edit the code, you have several choices available to you, from using the block editor to the Customizer, right through editing the files. We’ll see them all in this post, but let’s start with the most straightforward option: installing a plugin.
Do You Need to Customize Your Theme?
Seldom you don’t want to customize your theme at all: instead, but you need to install a plugin.
Themes manage the design of your site: the way it looks and the way it displays content. but Plugins add new functionality.
If the property you want to make is focused on functionality first, then design, consider installing a plugin yourself. This could be a plugin you want to write, one you download from the plugin directory, or one you buy.
Customizing Your WordPress Theme via the WordPress Admin Screens
If the settings you need to make are design-focused and comparatively simple, you may be able to make them via the admin screens.
Customizing Your Theme via the Customizer
The most obvious way to customize your WordPress theme is by doing the WordPress Customizer.
You enter that in 1 of two ways:
- While seeing your site (when you are logged in), click the Customize link in the admin bar at the top of the screen.
- In the admin screens, click on Appearance > Customize.
The Theme Editor (and Why Not to Use it)
All of you may see an alternative called the Theme Editor in your admin screens, which you acmes via Appearance > Theme Editor.
Using Page Builders and Frameworks to Customize Your WordPress Theme
A high perspective of WordPress themes has customization choices, indicating you can make changes to the design and layout via the Customizer.
Using a Page Builder to Customize Your Theme
Page Builder plugins are intended to perform it easy for you to set your site’s design, using an interface that lets you see what you’re getting.
You install a page maker plugin with a compatible theme and then use the options it gives you to design your site exactly the way you want it.
Using a Theme Framework to Customize Your Theme
An option for page builders is theme frameworks. Those are series of questions designed to work together. One parent theme is the framework and a choice of child themes that you can use to customize the central theme and look the way you want.
Editing Your WordPress Theme’s Code CUSTOMIZE YOUR WORDPRESS
If you’re comfortable editing CSS or PHP, you can edit the key in your theme to customize your theme.
This gives you the most important degree of control.