WORDPRESS AND WEB DEVELOPMENT Picked a domain name, bought WordPress optimized web hosting package, and can start designing your site. It’s going to be excellent.
WORDPRESS AND WEB DEVELOPMENT Now that you’ve marked your new blog or business plan, you may be questioning what to do next and how to design a WordPress website. Don’t worry. This short guide will walk you through how to make your first web page step by step. Choose a Theme.WORDPRESS AND WEB DEVELOPMENT
Examine your life by automatically connecting WordPress on all shared and hosting records. While picking a theme, you should have the chance to basic and premium articles. A piece is a pre-designed template that says WordPress what your site will seem like. In different words, lightly than should code your entire website, you can choose a template you like and then customize the details.
To pick a theme:
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard with your username and password. For sample http://whateveryourdomainnameis.com/wp-admin
- Turn your attention to the sidebar on your dashboard, find “Appearance,” and then select “Themes.”
- Select the .zip file you downloaded when you purchased your theme and click “Install Now.”
- Finally, you will click the “Activate” theme.
Once your theme is activated, your site will start to seem like a website! For your website to rank on search engines, it’s going to want great content. It’s going to want great content. Start by creating your first web page. Whether you are making a blog post or a category page, our step-by-step guide will set your WordPress site up for success!
How to Create a WordPress Page WORDPRESS AND WEB DEVELOPMENT
Now that you own a theme, it’s time to design your pages. For example, you may want an “About” page, a “Testimonials” page, a “Services” page, or a “Contact” page, depending on the goals of your website. You can create these pages through the “Pages” WordPress feature. Here’s how to do it.
- Turn your attention to the sidebar and locate “Pages.”
- Click “Add New.”
- Once you have chosen “Add New,” you’ll notice your package enter a title and customize the content. You can add a label to your page, such as “About Me” or “Services.” Then you can write your content, add pictures, and even select the layout for your page.
- Once you are ready to publish your page, find the “Publish” button on your screen’s right side. As soon as you click the blue button, your new page will go live. Remember, since you have selected a theme, WordPress will automatically import your page into the chosen design. This expects you don’t have to know any coding.
How to Add a Page to a Menu IN WORDPRESS AND WEB DEVELOPMENT
Next, you have created all of your pages. You’ll want to make them. After all, you want your website visitors to be able to navigate your website easily.
To make your pages, you’ll want to add them to one of your navigation menus. You can do this through the “Appearance” tab on the sidebar. Here is how.
- See “Appearance” on the sidebar and click “Menus.”
- Find the pages you created under the “Pages” widget.
- You can add any of the pages to your menu by clicking the checkbox next to the title of your page and then clicking “Add to Menu.”
- Once you have decided on the pages, you need to add. You can determine how you want them to appear on your menu. Do this by dragging and dropping each menu item where you would like them to seem.
All main menu page is flushed left in the case above, and each sub-page under the main page is ordered. You can make your pages, but you would like. Note: You can also update edit menus from the admin or customizer.
Here is how a WordPress menu seems all dressed up in a theme to give you a better idea of the final product.
And where you have it! That’s how you create your first web page on WordPress and then create it with a menu.
Critical Elements of a Webpage
When designing your pages, keep in mind that you can use widgets and plugins to customize your pages. These enable you to add other features such as contact forms.
Tips for Optimizing your Pages
- Keep your charging time down by optimizing your images.
- Add picture alt text to your pictures to describe to image for search engines to find
- Link to other pages with relevant content
- Build out blog posts to increase the relevancy of your site.
Added Must-Haves for Any WordPress Website:
- Make sure to install Google Analytics to track visitors to your website and
understand how they’re interacting with the content.